Monday, November 2, 2015

Very very rare Pink Panther record player phonograph from the 1960s

I remember as a child in the 1960s, moving to Michigan.  Beautiful state, really cold people.  I really hated living in Ann Arbor Michigan.  I enjoyed going to various museums like Henry Ford's.  When I toured Ford's, they had the first recording of Edison reciting "Mary had a little lamb".
The tulip festival was a lot of fun.  It was held every year at Holland Michigan.

My Mom bought me a Pink Panther phonograph one year.  It was a blown plastic head of the Pink Panther covering a record player that played 78, 45, 33, and 16 RPM records.

 The head seems to be spray painted using templates.  There have only been about to come up for sale in the past 10 years.  There are two different versions, one has a black nose and one has a red nose.

 This is the one I just bought.  He is a bit worn, and his wiring has been replaced.  It was originally white wires.
Coliet Toy was located at 320 Main St.ervlietMI 49098  The original building is still standing.
 Here is the manufacturing info on the original phonograph.


I am sure the company went out of business so soon after producing this is because it was not legally licensed.

No comments:

Post a Comment